Optimization and Approximation
- To undertake quality research in the mathematical aspects and applications of approximation theory, optimization, and related areas.
- To raise interest and appreciation in approximation and optimization and encourage Filipino university students to pursue related careers.
- To foster local and international exchange of knowledge in approximation and optimization
- To be the premier research group in approximation theory and mathematical optimization in the Philippines.
- To be recognized internationally for teaching and research in approximation and optimization.
- To be the leader in the promotion of approximation and optimization through establishment of linkages with industrial and academic centers at the national level
Areas of Research: Approximation theory. Convex optimization. Fourier analysis. Operations research. Sampling theory. Variational methods in optimization. Wavelet and time-frequency analysis.