Institute of Mathematics Library
The Institute of Mathematics (IM) Library is one of the nine (9) satellite libraries of the College of Science Library, UP Diliman. The IM Library, together with the UP Science Library, supports the Institute of Mathematics to facilitate academic growth of its faculty, staff, and students.
Location: 1st floor, Math Building Annex, C.P. Garcia Avenue, University of the Philippines Diliman, Diliman, Quezon City
Library Hours: 8:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-5:00pm, Monday to Friday. CLOSED on Saturday, Sunday and holidays.
Note: The IM library is physically CLOSED until further notice. Please check our IM library FB page for updates.
The setting up of the UP College of Science Institute Libraries was initially envisioned by Dr. Caesar Saloma in 2007, during the start of his 3-year tenure as CS Dean which was coterminous with then CSLIB Head Librarian, Mrs. Jocelyn Razal. In April 2011, the actual setup of the Institute Libraries happened during the term of the current CSLIB Head Librarian, Mrs. Marie Antoinette Villaflor. Concurrently, it was during this time that most of the new buildings of CS Institutes were finally built in the National Science Complex; thus, spaces were provided for the Institute Libraries. The initial phase in the establishment of the institute libraries was supervised by Mrs. Susannah V. Deasis until 2013. Currently, Ms. Fraymon Joy P. Cruz is assisting the Head Librarian in supervising and improving the physical and digital learning spaces of the nine (9) Institute Libraries to support the College in its basic functions of instruction, research and extension services.
Here is the current list of the CS Institute Libraries:
- April 2011 – National Institute of Physics (NIP) Library
- April 2012 – Institute of Mathematics (IM) Library
- June 2012 – Institute of Chemistry (IC) Library
- November 2012 – National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (NIMBB) Library*
- August 2013 – Institute of Environmental Science and Meteorology (IESM) Library
- September 2015 – Institute of Biology (IB) Library
- December 2015 – Material Science and Engineering Program (MSEP) Library
- January 2017 – National Institute of Geological Sciences (NIGS) Library*
- July 2018 – National Sciences Research Institute (NSRI) Library
* The date mentioned above indicates the time when the Institute Library was placed under the supervision of the College of Science Head Librarian.
For all your library inquiries and concerns, you may reach/visit us via the following details:
- Telephone number: +62 2 8981 8500 local 3854
- Email address: email@example.com
- Website: https://cslib.science.upd.edu.ph/
- Facebook page: facebook.com/mathlib
- Twitter: twitter.com/UPDCSLIB
- YouTube: The Science Library UP Diliman
For new students and faculty who want to learn some basic information about the IM library, its resources and how to use them, send your request to our official email using your UP mail account.