Institute of Mathematics Library
Address: Institute of Mathematics Building, Basement, Annex Building at the Institute of Mathematics, CP Garcia St., UP Diliman Quezon City.
Service Hours: 8:30-5:00PM (Mondays to Fridays). Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
“The IM Library together with the UP Science Library, supports the Institute of Mathematics to facilitate academic growth of its faculty, staff and students.”
Founded in April 2, 2012, the IM library is the second satellite library that became fully operational.
Initially manned by one UP Science librarian, two library staffs and several student volunteers.
The library is located at the Institute of Mathematics Building, Basement, Annex Building at the Institute of Mathematics, CP Garcia St., UP Diliman Quezon City.
The collection initially started with 1,508 books, 927 theses both undergraduate and graduate, and 2,575 issues of print journals.
Currently, the library has approximately 2,720 books, 1200 theses, eBooks and online databases.
Use of Libraries by Members. The following members of the UP System may use the library resources subject to the rules and regulations governing their use:
- All bona fide students, faculty and employees, members of the Board of Regents and officials of the University
- Retired faculty members specifically granted off-campus-reading privileges by the Board of Regents
- Visiting scholars with university appointments
- Cross registrants from other colleges and universities, and special students
Use of Libraries by Non-members. The following non-members of the University may use the library resources within library premises subject to the rules and regulations governing their use:
- Alumni, former faculty members and students honorably discharged from the University
- Graduate students from other schools
- Government and private researchers
WHAT DO WE HAVE FOR YOU?
- Printed books and journals
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Borrowing and Returning (IM Library)
All IM Library books can be borrowed for one (1) week ONLY.
Undergraduate students: 5 circulation books
Graduate students: 10 circulation books
Faculty: 10 circulation books for 1 month
Serials (non-current) for 1 week
Materials are renewed only once
Research, Extension and Professional Staff (REPS): 10 circulation books
Administrative Staff: 5 circulation books
Non-UP Members: Room-Use-Only
Always bring your countersigned ID (or a valid ID for Non-UP researcher, please see Access Requirements below) every time you visit the library. ID countersigning is located at the ID Validation Desk, ground floor entrance of the College of Science library. If a student, has no or lost their ID, he may be issued a temporary ID by the college library upon presentation of his Form 5 and receipt from the Registrar that he has paid for his ID.
For borrowing privileges, students are required to obtain a UP webmail account at the start of the semester, through the UP Computer Center, located at the UP Alumni Engineers Building, Magsaysay St., UP Diliman, near the Engineering Sundial. Any student, faculty and staff who has a countersigned ID and an active UP Webmail may borrow circulation books from any UP library subject to its rules and regulations. If however, a student/faculty/staff has an overdue loan(s), he may not be allowed to borrow another item until he returns the book(s) and pays the fine(s) even if his total charges are less than the maximum (5 or 10) allowed.
Use of Libraries by Non-members
Important reminder: You must secure a library permit at the College of Science Library to gain access to the IM Library.
|Users||Researcher Fee||Access Restrictions||Requirements|
|Alumni, former Faculty, former Staff||Five (5) days free access per semester/summerAfter five (5) days, user/s will pay a research fee of PHP 20.00/day or PHP 450.00/year||ROOM USE ONLY||· Valid ID· Proof of former U.P status|
|Government researcher/s||Free Access||ROOM USE ONLY||· valid office ID· referral letter from the office’s Head/Librarian stating the purpose and the research topic|
|Undergraduate students from other schools and universities||Research fee of PHP 25.00/day||ROOM USE ONLY||· valid school ID· referral letter from the school Librarian|
|High school Students||Research fee of PHP 10.00/day||ROOM USE ONLY||Students should:· makeyour appointment in advance with the library|
Note: We accept Library visitors from Monday to Friday (For Regular Semester Only).
Restrictions for Library visitors
1. All materials are for ROOM USE ONLY.
2. Taking pictures of Theses/Dissertations are strictly prohibited.
3. The research fee does not include tapping of electricity and use of library equipment (e.g. use of computers, scanner, etc.)
4. Register your electronic devices (laptop, cell phone, etc.) at the Reference Section if you want to charge them and pay the energy use fee of P20/hour.
5. Taking pictures and videos of the library premises are subject to the Head Librarian’s approval.
6. The Head Librarian or the Librarian-In-Charge reserves the right to cancel requests when necessary.
Registration for Library Privileges
Bona fide members of the University who register for library privileges shall be required to obtain the following:
- Student identification card valid for the current semester; or,
- Faculty/Staff identification card or appointment papers;
- Active UP WebMail account; and,
- Library clearance
For more information, kindly visit https://www.mainlib.upd.edu.ph
How to Connect to WiFi?
DILNET-WIFI – DilNet account login required, research access point (can access electronic databases)
WiFi@UPD – open access point (no access to electronic databases)
To connect to the IM library Wi-Fi, just select them from the list of wireless networks and follow the instructions that appear on your browser.
Change proxy setting to:
proxy.upd.edu.ph or proxy1.upd.edu.ph
Interlibrary Loan/ Document Delivery
We can help you obtain materials from other libraries through interlibrary loan (ILL). We accept requests for journal articles needed by our immediate users. Email you request at email@example.com.
We offer modules for Math 17, 53 and 100 for ROOM USE ONLY.
Printing and Scanning
Black & White- Php3.00
Note: Always use “Print Preview”, you may need to adjust the page setup to get a good print so to avoid waste of printing resources.
Scanning cost: Php3/ page
- Delivery Method: through EMAIL ONLY
- Delivery Time: within the day
- Scan Limit: up to 20 pages only
almost any size of book can be scanned right up to A3
- Color or black & white
- Digital image format PDF only
HOW CAN YOU COMMUNICATE WITH US?
For all your library inquiries and concerns, you may reach/visit us via the following details:
Telephone number: 981-8500 local 3854
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook account: www.facebook.com/mathlib
YouTube: The Science Library UP Diliman
Like and follow us on FACEBOOK: